With countless content churned out by your competitors every day on different social media platforms, how can your voice be heard? How can you beat the competition and stay ahead of the pack?
The above questions are what this blog post is all about — digital marketing tips in Malaysia. Below are social media tips you can deploy to your business to be ahead of your competitors.
1. Invest in the Right Social Channels
Social media for business is not all about the content you share. It is also about the platform where you share your content.
All social media platforms aren’t the same. Your type of business may thrive well on Instagram but not on LinkedIn.
If you operate a B2B kind of business, LinkedIn is the place to be. A B2C type of business will thrive on Instagram and Facebook.
Also, if you sell physical products that have to do with lots of pictures, Pinterest and Instagram are where you want to be.
So, before signing up your business on a social media platform, ensure that the platform aligns with your desired buyer persona.
2. Always Add Visuals
Visuals always attract the eye, thereby increasing engagement on your social content. Always add videos or images to your text content when appropriate.
If you have a big budget, you can contract a photographer to create a library of images for your business. Alternatively, you can invest in high-quality stock picture websites.
3. Have a content strategy and create an editorial calendar for all social platforms you operate
There are times when marketers seem to lack what to post on social media. This is often as a result of a lack of an effective content strategy.
Just like a blog, look at the big picture and come up with a social content that your audience will relate with.
Come up with seasonal contents, contents related to events your company is planning, contents related to trending hashtags, etc.
If you have a special editorial and marketing team, work closely with them and decide the best strategy to promote what’s trending.
4. Use the 80/20 Rule of Content
The 80/20 rule simply means that 80 percent of your content should provide value to your audience, while the other 20 percent should focus on sales and promotions.
What this means is that your business success is dependent on 20 percent of your efforts. The other 80 percent of your efforts will help you achieve the other 20.
One advantage of the 80/20 rule is that you can build trust and loyalty with your customers and also increase traffic to your social channels and website.
5. Leverage on the Popularity of Influencers
In Malaysia, influencer marketing is a powerful digital marketing tool. Influencer marketing is simply paying some of the most influential people in your niche to post about you and your business, instead of focusing all of your marketing efforts to target your audience directly.
Most of your competitors don’t know this but influencer marketing works like magic — especially if the influencer is a celebrity or just someone who people trust.
It works better when you have signed up and built up some level of credibility on your business on various social media platforms.
6. Take Your Social Analytics Seriously
While carrying out all the tips above, ensure that you check your analytics to see exactly what works and resonates with your audience, and what isn’t.
Now, based on the data from your analytics, you can create more content around what works for your audience.
Wish to find out more? Get in touch with us today through our website.